- 150 g Romero Fideo pasta
- 3-4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Spanish Saffron, lightly ground with a spoonful of the fish/chicken stock
- 1 tsp Fuente Smoked Sweet & Spicy Pimentón.
- Tip: If you like a bit more bite, add a pinch of smoked hot pimentón.
- Fresh thyme
- 200 g canned tomatoes, crushed
- 400 ml fish or chicken stock.
- Tip: You can add some good quality black anchovies for flavour.
- 70 ml dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 large prawns, peeled and cleaned, or the seafood of your choice
- a handful of mussels, cleaned and debearded and/or
- a handful of clams, depending on how much seafood you want in the paella
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, quartered
1. Heat a wide pan with one tablespoon of olive oil and lightly fry the fideos noodles until golden and maybe slightly brown here and there - but not burned, around 4- 6 minutes.
2. Remove the noodles from the pan and set aside
3. Sauté the onion and garlic – with the rest of the olive oil - until translucent.
4. Add saffron, pimentón, thyme, tomatoes. Cook until the tomato sauce is thick, around 10-15 minutes. Adjust with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the stock, white wine and the bay leaf in a separate pan.
6. Add the fideos to the tomato sauce, and enough stock to cover the noodles. Stir continuously until the fideos have absorbed the liquid. Then add more stock, continue to stir and repeat this until fideo is done, around 15 minutes.
7. When the fideos are almost done add the seafood and simmer until the prawns are cooked and the mussels/clams have opened.
8. Sprinkle parsley over fideos and garnish with lemon quarters.
9. Serve Immediately, and Enjoy!