- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Fuente Smoked Sweet & Spicy Paprika
- 1 (14 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. Combine potatoes, 2 cups olive oil, and 3 teaspoons salt in a large cold skillet. Heat on low and cook until potatoes are softened, 12-15 minutes. Increase heat to high and fry until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towles.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion with 1 teaspoon salt in the hot oil until onion has softened, 3 - 4 minutes. Add garlic, chile, and Fuente Smoked Sweet & Spicy Paprika; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and return to a simmer. Transfer tomato mixture to a blender, cover, and puree until tomato sauce is smooth.
3. Serve patatas bravas with tomato puree and mayonnaise for dipping.