• 1 cup plain sour cream
• 2 corn on the cob
• 100 g diced Chorizo
• Bunch of spring onions, sliced
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 cup self-rising flour
• 2 medium eggs
• Vegetable Oil
• ½ tsp. Fuente Sweet or Hot Paprika
• 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
• Pinch of Salt
• Pinch of Pepper
1. Grill (or boil) the corn for 5-6 minutes, turning until deep golden. Cool slightly, then using a sharp knife, slice off the kernels (Stand the cob on its end and sliced down for ease).
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and add the chorizo, Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until some fat melts from the chorizo. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. In a bowl mix together the flour, eggs, ¾ cup sour cream and 2 tbsp water. Add the corn and cooked chorizo.
3. Grease a large frying pan with vegetable oil and add tablespoonfuls of the batter, spacing 3 cm apart. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on the surface, turn and cook for a further minute until golden. Transfer to a warm plate. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
4. For the dipping sauce, mix together ¼ cup sour cream, ½ teaspoon Fuente Smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve with fritters and a light mixed green salad.
(recipe adapted from http://uk.fage.eu)