- 600 g Fuente Bomba Rice
- 2 L chicken, vegetable or fish broth
- Spanish Saffron
- Tip: Good Spanish saffron is not uniformly red but some strings are partly yellow to orange
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Tip: Feel free to add some of your favourite vegetables!
- 5 – 6 whole Olmeda Piquillo Peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts, cut in strips width wise
- 225 g Palacios Hot Chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 – 3 tsp. Fuente Smoked Sweet & Spicy Paprika
- A pinch of dried thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, clove, coriander/cilantro, cumin, curcuma
- 10 – 12 large prawns, peeled and cleaned
- A handful of mussels, cleaned and debreaded
- A handful of clams, cleaned
- Tip: You can also add pieces of any fresh fish that suits your taste!
- 1 large lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat Saffron very gently, crush, add 1 tbsp broth in order to form a paste, remove from heat and let stand.
2. If using mussels and clams steam separately in white wine with salt and pepper until they open up, set aside.
3. Fry garlic, tomatoes, 3-4 piquillo peppers, chicken, chorizo, and any additional vegetables in olive oil until tomatoes and other vegetables are soft. Add Paprika, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, clove, coriander/cilantro, cumin, curcuma.
4. Add saffron paste, stir and even out. Add rice and fry shortly while distributing evenly across the pan. Add hot broth all at once, stir to maintain even distribution. DO NOT STIR THE PAELLA FROM THIS POINT FORWARD.
5. Heat on high for 8-10 min or until broth boils; you may need to move the pan around in order to get an even boil. After broth has boiled reduce to medium heat.
6. Add prawns, mussels, and clams by pushing them into the rice without stirring paella.
7. After 18 minutes, cut lemon in half and push face down into paella. Add remaining strips of 1-2 piquillo peppers on top and cook for additional 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and cover for 5-10 minutes to finish the cooking process.
9. Cut remaining lemon in quarters, uncover paella, and garnish with lemon.
10. Serve immediately and Enjoy!